Library Policies and Procedures
The Andress High School Library provides information in a variety of formats, print and online, that support curriculum and individual interests of students and faculty. The library is available for class instruction and for personal interests. Suggestions for new books, magazines or materials are encouraged. Please give your ideas to one of the librarians.
- The library is open before and after school and during students' lunch break for quiet reading and research.
- During the school day, students may come to the library with a class or on their own. Students coming to the library on their own should:
- 1) Have a valid pass signed by a teacher
- 2) Sign in the register at the circulation desk. The register documents that the student was in the library and at what time.
- Be considerate of others when using the library and the materials.
- Food and drink are not allowed in the library.
- Any misuse of materials, furniture, or computer or computer software will result in disciplinary action. Students will lose computer privileges.
- Students must have a current Andress High School ID to check out books.
Checking Out Materials
- If a student pays for a lost book and it is returned in good
made through the Business Office if the original receipt is presented by
- two week checkout with 1 renewal possible
- 4 book limit at a time for checkout
- If a student loses a book, he/she will be charged replacement costs.
- If a student habitually does not return books on time or returns them damaged, he/she will either not be allowed to check out books or will have limited library privileges.